We had a big beautiful downpour over the weekend just as things were starting to look mighty dry again. It seems like it was just the thing needed to get our peppers to start turning colour. I’m crossing my fingers that this is the year we get some big red and yellow peppers not just the mini ones.
The tomatoes too are ripening like mad, but of course lots of rain also means lots of cracked ones. If you are planning on making sauce tomorrow evening let me know and I am happy to hand them over, I always have more than I have time for!
- Summer Squash (Zucchini)
- Sweet Peppers
- Hot Peppers
- Other items to be determined
Vegetable Recipes & Notes
This recipe was in last year’s newsletter, but it seemed like the right thing for this tomato rich time of year, so here it is again:
Knuckle Down Fresh Salsa
Mix together in whatever ratio pleases your palate:
- Tomatoes of several different shades and flavours
- Onion (we used green but purple work well too)
- Hot Peppers (Jalapeno is what we like for a mild salsa)
- Lime Juice
- Salt and Pepper if you like